Sunday 17 March 2013

Welcome to Budapest


Tony Wheeler, Lonely Planet’s cofounder said: “All you’ve got to do it’s decide to go and the hardest part is over. So go!” That’s what I did. I was living in Manchester and I decided to book my flight to Budapest with Ryan Air  without thinking twice, that was my second trip on my own. Such a good experience and I would redo it over and over again.
Budapest is a romantic city, it can capture your attention with its architecture, its complex history, its hospitable dwellers and, last but not least, its food.
A paradise for explorers, in Budapest you have plenty of things to do and see, do not overlook the Royal Palace, Parliament, and Heroes’ Square. Try to get lost in the city, that’s the perfect way to smell out  the beauties scattered around the city itself. End up the day spoiling yourself  with a beer and live music in a Ruin bar (bars that have arisen from abandoned building) with a charming atmosphere that you’ll never find elsewhere.
So go go go to Budapest!  


Széchenyi Chain Bridge


Széchenyi Chain Bridge

Danube River 

Matthias Church


Fisherman's bastion 


Parliament 

Soviet Army Memorial and US Embassy 

Heroes' Square


Basilica of Saint Stephen

Thermal Baths 

Ruin Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment